Thursday, January 25, 2007

GorrillaPod View of 250 West Pratt Street at Night...

Warren's encouragement prompted me, on my way back to the Light Rail yesterday evening, to stop and take some photos of one of my favorite buildings in Baltimore.

I used my new little GorrillaPod, wrapping it around a signpost across the street from the building. I set the self-timer on my Canon A620 to 10 seconds, which was enough time to damp out the vibration from me pushing the shutter release.

Rotated and cropped slightly to produce the dark triangles of "negative space" at right and at top.

Contrast slightly adjusted and converted to B&W with Picassa.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

An interesting assortment of shades and shadows. Very cool :)

Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 6:19:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Very nice, Steve!

You should have stuck your face in the bottom of the frame (for some human interest :P)

--Warren

Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 8:46:00 PM PST  
Blogger Eric said...

Nice photo, Steve. I like the angle of the photo, the interesting building itself, and you have all shades from white whites to black blacks.

Eric

Monday, January 29, 2007 at 3:39:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Sorry to be silent for so long. Nice shot, I like the different shades of grays and whites.

Monday, January 29, 2007 at 5:05:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment