Monday, November 13, 2006

The Mysterious Candle




This photo is blurred. It has bad lighting. But to me, it's like it has charisma despite these technicalities.

Is it the burnt wick. Is it the flowers in the back. Is it the limp lighting of the room. Is it the little candle standing as tall as he can despite his melted disfigurements. I don't know.

A photograph is great when it can do something for you. Bring a smile, remind you of friends, get you thinking about things. And honestly, I can't pinpoint what this one is doing for me... but oddly enough, I think it's great.

I can't see those flowers very clearly but I still know they're pretty :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

The photo imparts some good feeling Lea. I know what you mean by the photo being blurred, but after seeing some really great photos that are not crystal clear, I've come to the conclusion (for myself) that it isn't always about the clarity of an image. To me, good art produces a feeling when a person experiences it. This has done it - for me anyway.

Eric

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 9:51:00 AM PST  
Blogger Lea said...

Cool! That's great news :)

I wasn't sure if I was crazy liking this pic...hehheh

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 7:43:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment