Thursday, October 19, 2006

Upcoming Photo Op - Sat. Oct. 21st in S.F.

Nikon F4s, Tamron 24-135mm

This announcement is for our photogs in the S.F. Bay Area.

Sorry it's such short notice, but I didn't think of it until yesterday :).

Last year, I volunteered my time to help the organizer of the annual Chinatown Health Fair, take pictures of the event. I had a lot of fun, and it was an interesting and challenging photo assignment. You may remember that I posted a few shots here on the forum from last year's event.

I was emailing with Kent Woo, who is executive director of NICOS Chinatown Health Coalition and organizer of the event, and he agreed that it would be a great idea to ask you if you're available to help shoot the event. This would take some pressure off of him (for taking pictures) so that he can concentrate on other event related issues.

The photos that we take may be used by NICOS in upcoming newsletters and promotional materials.

Time and Place:

Saturday, October 21st, 2006
Cameron House
920 Sacramento Street
Fair hours: 10am to 3pm

I will be there around Noon. I think it will be very cool to post some pictures here to compare our different photographic visions. Hmmm, now what gear should I use that day.... :)

I hope to see some of you there! Let me know if you're going.

--Warren

3 Comments:

Blogger Benson said...

Sorry I'll be busy that day and won't be available.

I wanted to make a brief mention that I like the smile of the girl on the left. I should because she happens to be a patient of mine! Got her braces off last year.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 3:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Funny coincidence! This picture was taken at last year's fair (10/15/2005).

--WT

Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 4:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

I told Kent I cannot. Gonna be out all day at Spreckles Lake.

Eric

Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 4:22:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment