Saturday, October 14, 2006

Running :)

I went out for a run this morning with some friends -- 10km. It was verrrrry cold when we got there. So we went for coffee & hot chocolate first :)

I have never done a race before like this with the roads blocked off and so many people. It was alot of fun. I hope to do more races!

Tedm's post on Oct 7 about digital editing got me thinking. Mostly, it has left me with the desire to try out some digital editing of my own. I am using Photoshop. But I am not very advanced yet.

I removed some of the shadows. Increased saturation. Increased contrast.

Perhaps I will try more in the future...

4 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Interesting shot, Lea. It's kind of mysterious... what was holding up the t-shirt?

Keep practicing on PS. You'll be amazed at how a little bit of adjustment can sometimes make a huge difference in a picture.

--Warren

Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 10:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger tedm said...

Lea, I like it very much. Your edits were subtle. If you didn't tell me you made pp edits, I would have thought of it as just a very perfect photo under great lighting.

Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 10:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Yeah, the picture was very dark to begin with so I spiced it up a little -- Thanks for the encouraging comments :)

There is one of those fitness balls holding it up. They are a little grippy so I put the shirt on it. Right after I took the pic, it fell off so it was good timing :D

I wanted something with a similar blue as the writing to be behind it.

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 8:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Lea:

Good shot. It is very focused (the idea that is) and it communicates well. No doubt about what you are saying. Not bad a bad editing job either. Perhaps just cropping the right side a little would have made for a tighter picture.

Eric

Monday, October 16, 2006 at 3:02:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment