Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bessa R w/ Industar-61 (52mm f2.8)


Nikon D100, Nikkor 35mm f2.0 ai

Just for fun, here's a shot of my Voigtlander Bessa R rangefinder with the Russian Industar-61 52mm f2.8 lens attached.

I shot with this combo recently in order to test the I-61 for the first time. I think it's a handsome combination, don't you? This lens is nicknamed "Panda", presumably because of its alternating white and black rings.

As far as performance, I am very impressed by its resolution and contrast. It's sharp! It's noticeably sharper than the Industar-26M (50mm f2.8) of which I have two of. And its images have a different "look" than the Jupiter-8 (50mm f2.0 Sonnar copy). These lenses that I'm talking about are all FSU (former Soviet Union) lenses that came with my four FSU rangefinder bodies.

If you're in the area, and you want to try this combo (or any other of my gear), just ask me.

--Warren

2 Comments:

Blogger SteveR said...

Now you're talkin, Warren!

The Panda does indeed look nice on your Bessa-R

Looking forward to seeing some I-61 photos.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 7:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Steve, did you notice? I already posted 4 photos with this combo :).

--Warren

Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 8:26:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment