Saturday, June 03, 2006

Lens Shootout at Lincoln Park

My Nikon D100 was used for all shots. The following lenses were used:

Sigma 15-30mm
Tokina 17mm ATX
Nikon 18-70mm "kit" lens
Tokina 12-24mm

This session came about because Dennis was trying to decide which superwide lens to buy for use with his D100. I thought it would be cool to gather our existing wide angle lenses to let Dennis try them all at the same time. I borrowed Benson's 18-70mm and 12-24mm to use with my Sigma 15-30mm and Tokina 17mm (prime).

Can you tell which lens was used in each picture? The 18-70mm is probably easier to spot (when used at 50mm or longer). Like I mentioned before, I found that I basically forgot that we were testing lenses, and ended up just concentrating on making the pictures. We thought that all the lenses were very good.

--Warren
































4 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

I forgot to ask you... which images are your favorites from this series? Just curious...

--WT

Saturday, June 3, 2006 at 11:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

I like the 5th on up from the bottom. The one where you are looking down the hallway. I thought it was a b&w photo until I saw the splash of color on the top and right side.

You must've had a lot of fun.

Eric

Saturday, June 3, 2006 at 10:13:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Hi Warren!

#5, #10, and #15 are my favs.

Hmm, multiples of five... how perfect :)

They just really stand out to me. #5 is symmetric which is complementary to the building itself. It just cries out structure!

And I don't like #10 JUST because I'm a sucker for flower pics.. but your pic is like a sea of flowers bouyant on the green. They are so pretty :) I love it!

#15 is curiously inviting. Somewhere to take a little break, lol. Is that a windmill on the other side?

Sunday, June 4, 2006 at 7:21:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Hi Lea,

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for your comments.

It's nota windmill, it's a large metal sculpture.

--Warren

Sunday, June 4, 2006 at 8:52:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment