Friday, February 24, 2006

Welcome to Star Wars







I was walking home from work and I went thru Golden Gate Park to check out the new DeYoung Museum. What a wild place. It looks just like something out of Star Wars. I remember seeing it a few months back right before the opening and I thought the same thing. This is a nice addition to Golden Gate Park. Across the way, the new Steinhart Aquarium is under construction and I'm sure that's going to be pretty nice, too.

I've lived in this city since 1982, and I just can't get over how nice it is. No
place is perfect, though SF is close.

Eric

1 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

When I first saw the building, I did not like it at all because I was used to the previous, neo-classical styled building. But lately, the design has grown on me. We finally had a chance to go inside last weekend, and I was very impressed by the design and layout. They did a great job both inside and out.

I especially like your composition in photo #2. It's a great view of the tower and building. I also like how you included the people in the shot to show the size of the building.

We can do a large photo exhibition just on the sites in Golden Gate Park.

--WT

Sunday, February 26, 2006 at 9:43:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment