Thursday, July 07, 2005


Landmarks Take 2, 7/4/2005, Nikon D100 Posted by Picasa

You may remember the original picture that I posted a while back. That one was taken on July 4th of 2003, two years ago. This July 4th, I went to the same spot to do another version. For those of you who are not familiar with the City, the three buildings in the background are famous SF landmarks, Coit Tower, Transamerica Pyramid, and the Bank of America building. I guess that I am insinuating that the carousel is or should also be a SF landmark.

Take 1 is here:

http://fpcf.blogspot.com/2005/02/landmarks-san-francisco-nikon-d100.html

--Warren

2 Comments:

Blogger martin said...

I like the first one a little more than this one. The second one is a bit too balanced as most of the elements are the same size. The color is a bit weak.

Thursday, July 7, 2005 at 9:28:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Just experimenting here with the pano format... Now that I look at it again, I don't think it works well as a wide format shot. The shot "looks" like it's missing the lower half of the picture. I cropped it that way to show just the top of the carousel and how it is similar to seeing the tops of the 3 landmarks in the background. The telephoto compression effect makes this more apparent. Unfortunately, the similar sizes of the 4 objects makes the "main" subject rather vague, so the eye doesn't know which one to focus on. Maybe if the carousel top had more POP to it, or if I had shown more of it, the picture might work better.

Anyway, that's about all that I'm going to do with this idea. Unless someone out there wants to see something in particular, I'm done here.

--WT

Thursday, July 7, 2005 at 5:43:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment