Monday, February 25, 2013

Dewey Point






On my recent trip to Yosemite, I took the opportunity to head out to Dewey Point.  Having gone to the more popular Glacier Point many times, this location is west of Glacier and affords views of El Capitan, Clouds Nest, and a distant Half Dome.  It took me two hours of snowshoeing and I followed the ridge trail out and the Meadow trail back, about 8 miles total.  With the gear on my back, I was spent by the time I got back, but the view is spectacular.  When I reached the point, a Park Service crew was filming the site and asked if I would mind being in the film.  I agreed and they filmed me setting up the Pano shot, which is comprised of 8 images on two rows.  If printed in its current format of 300 dpi, it would measure 5 x 3 feet.   Nikon d800e, Zeiss Makro Planar 100 f2.  Dan

2 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Cool! The front keeps looking like a leopard print to me... or a reptile even.... Interesting illusion. Beautiful nature.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 2:55:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Spectacular! I've never been out to Dewey Point, must do that someday.

--WT

Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 6:10:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment