Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Boats


The first one is after the finish line, the second is the first corner of the race, and the third is the capsized Oracle boat. I was surprised to see that they were dangling there from it!

I liked the experience of shooting film. I hesitated more often about clicking since there are only 24 shots .. and I have tried to think this way while shooting before (on digital) but it's really just not the same impact as physically running out of room. So I enjoyed that as an exercise for being a little more critical in the moment.
I look forward to more film shooting!

2 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

Nicely done for you first roll. It is exciting to drop it off and then get it not knowing what to expect. Looking forward to more Lea film posts.

Dan

Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 8:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Lea, these are great shots, especially for your first roll of film :). I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. For me, going from film to digital, my "shot discipline" carried over to my digital shooting. I cringe when I hear someone next to me shooting a dslr in continuous mode, a.k.a. "spray and pray" mode even if it's a static subject. Post some more film shots!

--Warren

Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 8:32:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment