Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cute Dog

Nikon D100, Tamron 24-135mm

I saw this cute dog in Half Moon Bay. He was impatiently waiting outside for his owner while making pathetic whining and whimpering noises, which of course, drew my attention.

I post these pictures because I was pleased with the images and impressed (I know, again) by the performance of my 9 year old Nikon D100 and Tamron zoom lens. And I can't resist a good looking pooch :).

I made these images extra large (1500 pixels wide) so that you can see the quality for yourself when you click to see the original file.







At this time, I want to ask all our contributors to do our semi-regular check-in. Let us know that you're still out there, at least looking at and enjoying the pictures even if you're not actively contributing at the moment. What have you been up to? Are you interested in starting up our "Project of the Month" again?

Please let me know if you no longer plan to contribute to our blog and I will remove you from the contributors list. You can still be subscribed to our notification system via Google group email if you just want to keep up with viewing our progress (and not contribute images).

I'm looking for a few new contributors to our blog. If you know of anyone who might be interested in our private photoblog concept, please tell them about us, and hook us up.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you who are still active here. I really appreciate that you spend the time to participate. Our photoblog started out as an experiment 7.5 years (!!!) ago, and it somehow managed to survive all these years. I hope that it continues to be a viable and enjoyable place for us to share our photographic passion.

Well, that's it for now. I'll have more thoughts to share with everyone in the near future. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

--Warren


Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

Hello everyone!

Thanks again to Warren for reminding us to check in and report - I'm happy to say that I'm alive and well, and my family are all well. Daughter Leah is engaged to a very nice young man, and the wedding will be end of May 2013. We're having an engagement party at our house a week from this Saturday.

I did a lot of shooting last year, especially on my trips to NYC, which is my favorite venue - it's like shooting fish in a barrel ;-)

All that picture-taking of buildings in NYC got me asking questions about their architecture, who designed them, etc. I ended up taking two semester-long course at our community college on history of Western architecture. We're more than 1/2-way through the 2nd one - it's been a lot of fun, more than I imagined.

As George Costanza said, "You know I always wanted to pretend to be an architect!"

I turned 62 at the end of January, and I find myself bemused at the fact that I'm actually eligible for Social Security. How did that happen?!

I'm continuing to conduct photo tours in Annapolis and NYC for Washington Photo Safari. Hard to believe I actually get paid for that! Right now, I'm averaging two a month (one right nearby in Annapolis and one in NYC.) In April, Sandy has a weekend seminar in Manhattan, so we'll have a hotel room Saturday night, and I've scheduled *3* safaris that weekend.

Please check in, I enjoy hearing how y'all are doing - hope everyone is well.

Best regards,
SteveR

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 2:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger back alley said...

i'm still here as well...doing better at contributing than i thought i would...i have dreadful follow through!
in fact, i started my own image blog and discovered it can be customized somewhat...i am pleased with the result...here is the address, come by for a visit..http://heartsoulandacamera.blogspot.ca/

joe

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 3:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

I'm still here and posting/commenting once in a while. I've been keeping a regular photostream going at flickr.com/colourpixie but I do definitely still enjoy my visits here! I have had much more time than I've ever had before to question photography and art and dream of my future that will hopefully include these languages of thought. Far from my background in mathematics,, woops! I haven't figured much of it out yet but I'm convinced by the "where there's a will, there's a way" mantra that it will work out as long as I continue to find it important. I've found myself seeking books to see what's been done, where has the industry come from.. who's made an impact and learn something from their quests, and their efforts. After being nudged by friends, I have considered taking some classes on photography but I don't think it's quite what I want. I need to be the driver of this adventure, find out where it can take me and just explore, dive into it, interact and experiment.. in my own way. I have chased too many carrots and found it's not getting me to where I would like to be. So now, better late than never, I am in pursuit of something more personal. This blog really sparked a transformation for me, I guess a number of years ago........ So thanks again Warren and everybody for showing me that there is more to life than optimization and economies and business.... I have a fuller and better "picture" of life because of you all :)

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 9:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Hi Warren. I'm still here,but as you can tell, I haven't posted in a long time. My reentry into the music world has been taking a lot of my time. My love of learning classical baroque guitar music has overridden my love of photography. I do check in, however, and it's still a lot of fun seeing everyone's pictures.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 8:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ted M said...

Hi Warren, I'm still here, but haven't been photographing much in 2012 yet. I have taken a couple of rolls with Fuji 400 and my Nikon F3 with 105/2.5 planted on it. And, I think I will even go now, to see if there is anything worthy of posting here! Thanks!

Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 9:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

I wondered what happended to my dog I left behind.........you can't go wrong taking pictures of animals.

**Dolph

Friday, March 23, 2012 at 9:54:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment