Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Wildflowers

Alien Ears (paintbrush flower) .. One of my fav's to spot on hikes. They're so bright!

Little Mountain (spreading phlox flower) .. I was thinking that the light was too harsh so I put my finger into the frame in hopes of blocking/blurring/fixing some of that. I think it was pretty good. Mixed in some neutral tones for a nice warmth. I'll have to try this some more.

Y (red columbine flower) .. I think it was the first time I ever saw these flowers. And there were a lot of them out! I thought the delicate balance in weights was nice to observe here. Like a scale. There is a fly buzzing by the left flower, maybe the scale will tip once he lands.

3 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

Cool idea Lea to tone down the light with your finger. Wildflower shots are such a nice way to remember moments from a fine hike. The Columbines down here are more purple than your nice orange/red variety. I also like the paintbrush one of my favorites as well.

Dan

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 8:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

I really like the 2nd picture, it looks like a surreal mountain vista with giant, 20 ft. diameter flowers growing like trees. :)

--Warren

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 7:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Maybe I'll get to see some purple columbines, I am visiting SF with my hubby early Sept.
lol love the flip in sizes, that's how it felt to me too!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 9:30:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment