Monday, December 06, 2010

Seeking Surrealism

The surrealism suggestion came from a whimsical interest of mine, as many motivations in my life seem to be... Inarticulate and Skittish. I know there are tonnes of post-processed and incredible surreal photographs on the web. I have been looking... My qualm with that is that it requires a lot more planning. One image may have so many sketches and reformations. And then, there is the photographing itself. Many layers of possible work. So I have gone back to the basics of the surrealists and given myself only the camera as my tool. (ok-maybe the quick and easy edits). Finding a way to see the current world as a possible parallel one... Seeking out the surreal feeling of the present. It's quite fun this way :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

That lone figure in the middle is kind of spooky... :)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 10:05:00 AM PST  
Blogger Simon Chan said...

Nice shot! Beautiful gradual shade/tone of sky and a slight distortion of skyline by the wind.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 10:29:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment