Sunday, September 06, 2009

Grate Expectations

After a morning of purposeful picture-taking in Annapolis and Eastport, went off to do some of the day's errands. As I was walking back to my car in a parking lot, I stumbled across this scene.

All morning long, I was composing images in mind - beautiful images of beautiful places in the harbor on this beautiful morning. Yet, even though this one came outside of my picture-taking session, I think it's the best photo of the day.

Sometimes you just get lucky.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Steve,

Nice composition with nature against man....color and grey. I find myself hoping that the little leaf does not go down the drain. Did you purposely not put the leave in the center? If so, I think it adds to the composition.

Dolph

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 7:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

I like the composition and the contrast between the grays and blacks and the colors on the leaf.

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 7:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Steve, beautiful compostion of the industrial pattern vs. the natural shape of the leaf.

Dan

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 10:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Not much to say about this one except... Wow! This a really stunning image.

--Warren

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 11:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

ah so symbolic of vibrant summer happenings leaving us.. no pun intended<< washing down some gutter drainage system. the sun still shines but it is foretold that grey skies like the colour of this photo will eventually entrap our enthusiasm. awwwwwh.. *tear*.... beautiful photo

Monday, September 7, 2009 at 9:37:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment