Sunday, August 30, 2009

Departure Poem

Detained in this wooden house for several tens of days,
It is all because of the Mexican exclusion law which implicates me,
It's a pity heroes have no way of exercising their prowess.
I can only await the word so that I can snap Zu's whip.
From now on, I am departing far from this building.
All of my fellow villagers are rejoicing with me.
Don't say that everything within is Western styled.
Even if it is built of jade, it has turned into a cage.
-Anonymous

@ Angel Island Immigration Station

For a great multimedia web site about the history and poems at the Angel Island Immigration Station, go here: http://www.poeticwaves.net/

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Nicely done, Warren. It reminds me of something I'd see in a book. Pretty sad, too.

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 9:22:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment