Monday, March 02, 2009

Paying it Forward

Hello Everyone,

I've recently had some very good camera "karma", having received a bunch of interesting camera gear. In fact, I've already given away two kits of 35mm slr cameras. I would like to give you guys the first opportunity to claim this one. If nobody is interested, then I will offer it up somewhere else. I am giving this away free to someone who will actually use it. This is a chrome Nikon FM with a Nikkor 50mm f1.8  ai lens. I shot a roll of film through this combination, and it seems to be working fine. You saw a few of the pictures from it here on the blog over the holidays. The one obvious flaw is on the len's front filter ring. There is an ever so slight inward bend on the filter ring at about the 1 o'clock position when looking at it from the front. You can see it in the 2nd picture. It is bent enough so that you will not be able to use a filter on the lens unless you straighten out the bend somehow.

So if any of you have an interest in shooting some film, here's your chance to get into it. Or if you know someone who is taking photography classes, here's the perfect setup. It's a classic Nikon all-mechanical, all-metal, compact 35mm slr body with one of Nikon's sharpest 50mm lenses. If you're not local, you need to pay for shipping, otherwise we can arrange a local meetup somewhere.

Let me know if you're interested, or if you have any questions about the camera.

--Warren

This was taken with no flash. 



This shot ws taken with flash, and it really hides all the imperfections, doesn't it?


2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

You are a saint, Warren! ;-) I would love to have this camera - in fact, our photo Meetup group is having a "Vintage Camera Day" on March 14th (i.e., film ;-) and I would love to shoot with this one.

http://www.meetup.com/shutterbugexcursions/calendar/9697442/

.... organized by .... yours truly!

In return, I'd like you to have the Zorki 5 "Red Logo" in the photo for Vintage Camera Day - not that it's really equivalent. I'd give you my Kiev, but I sold it a few months ago :-(

Thanks, Warren!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 3:53:00 AM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Hi Steve, I sent you an email re: this.

--WT

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 10:17:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment