Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Old Workhorse - Nikon F2S

Sony DSC-P72

Anyone who knows the Nikon F2 would instantly recognize the profile in the first picture :).

I've had this old reliable workhorse since the mid-70's. Not too long ago, the meter developed an intermittent power problem, so I decided that it was time to treat my old friend to a checkup. I found a local, independent Nikon repairman to do the job. He replaced the light seals and mirror foam, lubed the winding gears, checked the meter connections, etc. Remarkably, the meter and shutter were dead-on accurate and needed no adjustment!

I'll be using her next in the film camera rotation!

--Warren

p.s. Hey Eric, did you know that the DSC-P72 works great for close up shots?





2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

A thing of beauty!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 3:59:00 PM PST  
Blogger Eric said...

I tell ya, that little Sony is a nice camera. I'm glad you and Gail have fun with it.

Eric

Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 9:07:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment