Monday, January 28, 2008

Winter Morning at Pigeon Point Lighthouse


Sony DSC-P72

We went to Carmel last weekend. We drove down Highway One and made our usual quick stop at Pigeon Point Lighthouse to see if we could spot any migrating Pacific Gray Whales. I only spotted one spout and fluke in the 10 minutes or so that we stood there.

This is the same location where Ted got that great night shot with the light beams through the fog.

Here is a typical daytime shot of the lighthouse. It was a beautiful, crisp, winter morning. We lucked out that day with great weather in Carmel too, then it rained the next day.

--Warren

4 Comments:

Blogger tedm said...

Warren,

That's a great clear daytime shot of the lighthouse.

I think I was between the little house and the lighthouse with the 35/2, so you must have used long tele or cropped closely for this photo??

Monday, January 28, 2008 at 7:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks, Ted.

I used my Sony DSC-P72, the little 3MP P&S that was a hand-me-down from Eric.

On the EXIF info, it says that I shot at 6mm which is equivalent to about 40mm on a 35mm format. This is image is full frame, uncropped.

I was standing at the newly added viewpoint on the southeast part of the grounds.

--WT

Monday, January 28, 2008 at 8:22:00 PM PST  
Blogger Eric said...

Hi Warren. Nice, sharp picture and I like the fade from white up to blue.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 7:08:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lea said...

the slow colour transition from red to green down the rocks looks nice too, especially with the 2 chimneys at the top being red :)

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 8:19:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment